Power Phrases Lesson #23
All Power Phrase Lessons | All Russian lesson audio & mp3 downloads
Of course, asking “Is it far?” (”Eto daliko?”) is a pretty vague question. What exact distance is ‘far’ anyway? One man’s short walk is another man’s all-day hike. Still, you can judge a lot by the person’s reaction and the emphasis they put on the word as they reply, as well as the modifiers they use:
Muzei, eto daliko? = The museum, is it far?
Muzei? Nyet, ni ochin daliko. = The museum? No, not very far.
Aieroport…daliko? = Is the airport far?
Oi, dalikooo…! = Wow, far!!!
A Russian speaker will often just answer with:
“No, not very.” = Nyet, ni ochin.
- 29b Is it possible? Review
- Russian Phrase for: On Foot
- How to ask in Russian: How do you say __ ?
- 26b Review Excuse Me.. and more..
- The word for Airport in Russian